My tryst with destiny

Dei shanmugam edra vandiya

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Day two

Lots of confusion yesterday regarding how to plan for the test. But, it was heartening to note that for the given time the plan i had in mind almost coincides with the one in GMAT Tutor site.
My target for the weekend.
1. Nail the plan.
2. Complete collecting the materials.
3. Complete all the preliminary tests in vyom s/w and assess yourself.
4. Book date. Do i have the credit card? No. Why fear when I is there? So, no worry on this front.
I took the second test. Part of it yesterday and part of it today morning. Not much difference in scores. I scored 515. Expected isn't it. After all it is the same me in the first test and the second test without any knowledge updation. The weaknesses are apparent by now. Suggest need to strongly confirm it by taking another 3 tests.
Field Correct Wrong
Data Sufficiency 8 7
Problem Solving 17 5
Critical Reasoning 9 4
Sentence Correction 7 8
Reading Comprehension 9 4

DS down
PS up
CR up
SC down
RC up
This up and down trend surprisingly is by one question going the other way.

Again the positives out of the test.
1. Concentration level is good. Hey i can sit through the test without uneasyness.
2. There is no looking back. I am into GMAT thoroughly.

To be taken care:
I am finishing the test very quickly without giving a second thought for an answer. I had 18 and 26 minutes to spare for Quants and Verbal respectively. It could have been utilised to analyze more the q&a.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM , Blogger Iday said...

    Machi - takins a test in 2 parts is not a clear reflection of ur skill level da. The biggets challenge with GMAT is to sit thru 3 hrs in fron of the computer and tahe the test with consistent levels of concentration. When u take a break like this, u come back fresh and hence will do better than what u'd do under this stress. So - dont do this.

    I'd like u to take the 3rd test on Saturday morning and then get done with this vyom software - 3 tests is enough.

    I see no big change in ur perf. So all the gyan i gave yesterday stays. I'd like u to this tonight and tomorrow night. Revise all those math formulas in Kaplan 2006 and also read up the intro section in the book, to get a feel of the test as such.

    Dont do anything for the verbal now - we'll first get the math thing going. So time to mug up the 100 formulas given in Kaplan :)

     
  • At 2:56 AM , Blogger Ramkumar said...

    i didn't want to take it in two sessions da. i started at 9 pm yesterday. in between karthick called me and put mokkai about GMAT and ISB.
    Surprisingly i find no problem in sitting thru 3 hrs da. i predicted this wud give me nightmares in the prep. but actually my rustiness is giving it.
    need to polish before it is high time.

     
  • At 4:06 AM , Blogger kart said...

    I am happy now!!
    I no longer worry abt the money I wasted in calling you yesterday!!

     
  • At 5:32 AM , Blogger Iday said...

    what's this "mokkai" all abt???
    now i'm curious!??!?

    ram - dont u see u have tooo long a time before u can call it high time ;)

    jus keep working at it :)

     
  • At 5:45 AM , Blogger Ramkumar said...

    kart was trying to do reverse logic. naan romba paavam i don't know anything. everyone laughs at me when i say i want to study in ISB et al.
    i tried to convince him that it is not that way.

    point accepted.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home