My tryst with destiny

Dei shanmugam edra vandiya

Friday, August 22, 2008

A Whew! moment

Lost in thoughts, i was walking back to my hotel. It is a km walk from office to hotel made pleasant by less noise, less crowd (could be quite dangerous at times, you will know why later), less pollution, more green, more traffic discipline.

There was a young couple about to cross me about 20 metres in the walk way. The girl, i dunno must be latino, was really buxom. I am a guy who is really conscious when it comes to seeing those on road especially if it is an unknown place. But this time, my mind was somewhere else. Thats when the what-a-male-normally-does program got activated in the brain. My eyes were scanning the girl unknowingly without the brain really registering the information. I was woken up from my myriad of thoughts by this girl saying something to the boy. I realized my eyes were somewhere it shouldn't be. Man!! i was caught. The guy smiled but his face didn't look good.

The guy was well built. He looked like one of those guys posing in a big bike with a leather jacket and a hot chick sitting besides him. Brain quickly calculated the odds of escape. Hmm.. with laptop in my back i stood no chance. Eyes scanned for support. Only two old people were walking with me. Damn it! Thats it! Why was i born on a beautiful day 25 years ago in meenakshi maternity clinic, madurai? To get thrashed by a stranger for an offense which i did unwittingly. So, what should i say if he confronts point blank? Why the f* did u see my girl friend like that? By this time, the gap is reduced to 5 metres.

When we are about to cross each other, i suddenly increased the speed and avoided them.
huh..excuse me.
A strong chill went inside my spine. Now, i had to turn back. My god tell me it is a dream. I can't believe it is happening.
Hmm. actually, my girl friend thinks you are really cute.
Oh no, why does he say it unashamedly? Is it some kind of prank of poor indian boy? or Is he a pimp? or Is he a thief? The girl does the distraction the guy takes away things or Is he really telling the truth?
I took a very good look at the girl. I saw her in the eye, gave a big smile and said Thank you! I turned around walked faster like never before. I could see the guy trying to say a next sentence but stopped at the way i went past at that speed.

Whew! that was close. Vive le Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home