My tryst with destiny

Dei shanmugam edra vandiya

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mutton Biriyani


When I sat infront of computer, all i wanted to write is about IELTS exam. But then after having a really good lunch, can't help but writing about the lunch i had.
A friend of my father, promised us to give biriyani for lunch. No one can be happier than my mom. Atlast she got to relax for one Sunday or else she has to chop, smash, fry fish, mutton or chicken. It is amazing how she still keeps her going on Sundays when she has to cook all by herself to feed 6 useless male morons who have no intention of helping her (hee hee i am one of them). Probably the barbaric way in which we fight for the Sunday special food inspires her.
It was mutton biriyani. I had never eaten such soft mutton pieces (actually i had before but that was from a young goat). I still can't understand how muslims are able to prepare such good biriyanis. Probably its like idly for south india and chappathi for north india. They are born to make it the best. It is better to leave it that way. People always run their imagination about elixir as a sweet magical potion. After eating the biriyani, i strongly contest that notion. Excuse me all earthlings, you were wrong. Elixir tastes hot. It has lot of masala in it and its other name is biriyani.
If you are thinking, i am going too far with my appreciation. Sorry, i haven't finished. I have converted into Islam for the biriyani. Why not? Some people convert for their loved ones, some for money, some for society, some to escape (from whatever). Why not convert for food? My mom is calling me to assist for adhirasam. As usual i am not going to help her. Apart from me being lazy, i don't want to help her because she has prohibited us from eating adhirasam till diwali. Inshallah - adhirasam and murukku - what a combination. Looks like i have to wait till diwali to convert back to Hinduism. Thats the day, elixir would turn sweet again.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home