My tryst with destiny

Dei shanmugam edra vandiya

Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Blockade

Looks like Citi has cancelled students loan at many campuses. In Haas, it cancelled the loan without co-signer. I was depending on that particular loan to fund the MBA. It is a great set back for me. I have to now dig deep to find other options.

Me and fin aid team at Haas

Q:
I am a Haas mba aspirant. Earlier there used to be "Sallie Mae / UC Graduate Business Loan" and CitiAssist Loan for UC Students" loan programs that offer loans without a co-signer. I didn't really keep myself upto date regarding the financial matters after that. Now i am seeing that at Haas only loans with co-signer are offered to international students. Is there any other viable options for an international student like me?

A:
Hi Ram,
Thank you for your inquiry into the Full-Time MBA Program at UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business.
No, there is no option for the international student without a US Citizen or permanent resident as a co-signer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home