My tryst with destiny

Dei shanmugam edra vandiya

Monday, September 04, 2006

GMAT PREP 2

740 (Didn't note the split some i think 51 and 40+)

I started the day directly without any warmup. I usually warm up reading newspaper before indulging any GMAT activity. Today, i didn't do that. Just thought what difference does it going to make. It did make a difference. I completed 2 essays. I was feeling uneasy. I was not concentrating enough. By subconsious mind was doing all the work. After 10 questions or so, i got an easy question. I was really sad. I thought something is terribly wrong. You guys remember the static screen that would appear in DD before the programs start around 5pm. My mind was like that today. I decided against all my strength to quit the test. I know i was trying to stimulate the test day as far as possible. In the test day, i cannot do what i was doing today. But, why carry on when you are not at all thinking.

All thoughts of failure and subsequent embarrassment were simulated in my mind. I couldn't take it any more. I started reading Business Today and slept unknowningly. My mom woke me up for lunch. I washed my face and took the test again. As i don't want to face the same question again, I tried re-installing. GMAT prep was very smart, it gave me the same session. Then, i decided ...o.k i would take the same test. I completed the test. Again concentration was o.k. I never believed it was a good atempt.

Quants was killing me. Usually, i do 1 question/minute and have sufficient time to spare. Today, hmm-um... May be i am missing Kap800 here. Hope i don't miss it dearly in actual test. First time in my life, i was enjoying verbal more than quants. number of mistakes stands at 5 for quants and 11 for verbal.I don't know what to take from the test. Though, there are lots of positives and 740 is very commendable, there is a sense of fear going on undercurrent in my stomach.

This is what my last three tests show
670
770
740

The average is 730 and my aim is 800. This test changed all my perceptions about my strengths and weaknesses. I want to finish this as fast as possible. Can't wait for the moment!!!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home