My tryst with destiny

Dei shanmugam edra vandiya

Thursday, August 31, 2006

5 days to go (including today)

I really like this countdown game. 5 days to go..3 days to go...It really builds up the pressure. isn't it?
The whole of this week has been disappointment. Well, my study plan had Kap800 in it. Unfortunately, it is not available. I tried my level best to get one. :(This made a big vacuum in my preparation phase. I really don't know what to do. I wasted my time in surfing unnecessary things. I didn't really have the motivation to re-read everything. I have completed almost all the materials i have. I felt like stranded blind in a forest.
Now, as i am typing this, i have exactly 5 days to go including today. To get back to rhythm, I read the posts of both iday and inblue for a while to get some inspiration. Iday's all success story gave the necessary motivation and inblue's not-the-best-performance gave the right warning signal to me.
What i have completed? (Question bank basically)
Kaplan, OG10 Verbal, OG10 PS, OG10 DS, OG11 Verbal, OG11 Quants, OG11.
Whats remaining?
Kaplan (few practice tests), GMAT review questions,Power prep review questions.
Full Length tests remaning
Kaplan practice test in the book
PR practice test in the book
Power prep 2GMAT prep 2
Plans ahead
9/1/2006 Kaplan practice test in the book / Remaining materials
9/2/2006 PR practice test in the book / Remaining materials
9/3/2006 Power prep 2 / Browse through every materials for the mistakes and redo it.
9/4/2006 GMAT prep 2 / Browse through every materials for the mistakes and redo it.
9/5/2006 Skim through preparatory materials and flash cards. Relax as far as possible.
9/6/2006 Hopefully i get atleast 800.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:50 AM , Blogger Iday said...

    I personally know what inblue went thru during her GMAT prep days. The score is not really a reflection of inblue's capabilities. Inblue was sloggin at work (only got leave on test day and the prev day) and cudnt give ANY time to prep.

    U have had 2 full weeks off from work. So dont u dare compare.

     
  • At 5:48 AM , Blogger Ramkumar said...

    don't take it in wrong sense da.
    even u accept what i have mentioned - not-the-best-performance. isn't it?
    i was just seeing two ppl whose the experience went in two different directions reminding me that anything could happen.
    No one said GMAT reflected one's true ability.
    Believe me 2 full weeks off from work is more difficult than not taking it. esp. when u have already completed all the main materials.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home