My tryst with destiny

Dei shanmugam edra vandiya

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sensex touches 700 mark

I took PR 3 and got 700. M49 V38. Hmm.. 100 to go.
Field Correct Wrong
Data Sufficiency 11 3
Problem Solving 21 2
Critical Reasoning 10 2
Sentence Correction 12 3
Reading Comprehension 11 3

I am not all that pumped up with this score though i should be. The reason..

1. Princenton is little bit easier than Kaplan. Kaplan being my next test. It makes me sad that i might get less than 700.
2. This was not a usual timed section. The first time i sat for the test, i had sever stomach ache. When i was nearing the compleletion of maths section, i left as i could no longer take it. By the time i came it was all over. I had to restart again. This time i know what was the question coming. Questions were same for the first 10. Then afterwards, it began to differ. Probably i should have made mistake in the first 11 in my previous attempt. From then on, it was a real test. I completed maths section by a good 20 minutes.

Maths
Last time i got all PS correct. This time 2 wrong.
Last time i got 5 wrong in DS correct. This time 3.

Verbal
I was really surprised by my verbal section. The highest i have got is 30 till now.
I would like to ask a typical CR question.

Last week, I worked hard in CR. This week i got more in CR than last week. This week i didn't practice verbal at all. I practiced OG11 Quants review. In free time, i did OG 10 DS. The Verbal score is more than the previous week.
Explain the paradox.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

I could think of only one reason. My concentration is improving week by week ...........along with the fear to perform.
As i am typing this at 8:47PM, i still have 174 questions to practice in OG10 DS section. An impossible task for this night given the fact that i sleep at 10PM. But then, isn't it this blog is all about.

Next week.... I am going to write the essays as well to really test my concentration level for 30+30+75+75 minutes. :)

5 Comments:

  • At 2:03 AM , Blogger kart said...

    Very good da... I haven't started preparing yet... :-(
    But, I believe I will catch you soon... :-)

     
  • At 10:16 PM , Blogger Iday said...

    Princeton Review scores are not even close to the real ones. I've heard thigns at either end. so dont read too much into it!!!

    Keep preparing and wait till u take GMAT prep test 2.

    anyway - good going i shud say

     
  • At 10:16 PM , Blogger Inblue said...

    thanks for dropping by the blog.
    Input.. Well iday should be in better position.
    My whole GMAT was a hit and run thing. I was scrwed bad for time in the last week besides i could not manage any leaves either.
    anyway ,some tips.

    Get your self 3-4 days off.

    Got to office on the day prior to GMAT.[It will be a good change]

    Dont read on the last day.

    When your do your verbal . make sure you understand the statements in the first go. Re-reading created a lot of confusion !

    Make sure you write enough tests to endure the anxiety till the 41st questions.

    Most important of all. ENJOY THE TEST !! The only way to keep it going it to keep it cool !

    All the best

     
  • At 11:34 PM , Blogger Inblue said...

    Hey How's it going ? Long time no post. where's the GMAT headed ??

     
  • At 2:48 PM , Blogger Hobbes said...

    the title is funny! ha ha ha!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home