My tryst with destiny

Dei shanmugam edra vandiya

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Darn!!

I was whining about the profiles i see in my previous post. Just look at these profiles. "I am already leading 200 people. I brought profit to my company. I saved them from drowning. I did that, i did this. " Then why the heaven you need MBA. I have to come up with something special to distinguish myself, to make myself worthy for the school to have me as student.
Let me see if the program "Shot at Love - Tequila" teaches me anything regarding it.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM , Blogger mbawise said...

    Yes, you have distinguish yourself, but not every admit has led 200 people or saved people from drowning. Distinguishing yourself can be as simple as bringing a personal touch, how you see and learn from situations, rather than reporting the situations themselves. Every person has different approach to the same situations. While most IT people have similar work profile, each person still approaches them differently. As long as you keep the focus on you rather than the events you face, you will be able to distinguish yourself.
    Take leadership for example. Not every admitted applicant will have led a team. But he would have shown traits of leadership in small things like organizing say a weekend trip for the team, or a sporting event etc. As long as you keep the focus on "you", you should be safe, because you "are" unique.

     
  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger Ramkumar said...

    thanks man!
    I get your point.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home