My tryst with destiny

Dei shanmugam edra vandiya

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Mazhai Varsham Baarish Pula Rain


It is a type of precipitation, a product of the condensation of atmospheric water vapour that is deposited on the earth's surface. This is how Wiki defines Rain.
I was born in a land where i cudn't afford to sing "Rain rain go away come again another day". It was more like ...."Rain rain come my way come again another day that little johnny was a gay".
I loved rain just like everyone in my place. I used to imagine when i am pissing.If it would be raining for all the small creatures in the land when i am pissing who is pissing over me when it rains on me. Is this what mom is referring as GOD. This was some ten years before MIB film hit the screens. Such a great thinker I am (POMB)!!! The very moment of seeing rain brings most of us the memories of all the golden days which we had in our lives. Well i have a list of mine. Dont expect every one to be a candy sweet memory.
1. The day i had hot samosa seeing Super human samurai cyber squad. It was thursday and 3 days of holidays followed.
2. When rain cut short the boring speeches of our school annual day. Though everyone was asked to go to respective class, i sneaked through and went home. Guess what? all long my way to home h20 was kissing me.
3. There was not much rain for almost 2 yrs in chennai. I bought Duckback rain coat for Rs.800. My friend was like "..what? 800 for rain coat. I just bought road side cheap one. Afterall it doesn't rain in chennai." Like Prasad's wicket of Aamir sohail in 96 world cup quarter final, my rain coat changed the complexion of chennai. It was raining cows and buffaloes in chennai. My friend used to hitch a ride to office with me. When we reached office, i was clean while he had lipsticks all over his body. YYEEESSSSS Duckback works...and it works very well.
4. We in office went for outing to Fisheman's cove in ECR. I took my car. Little did i realise my lack of knowledge as to how to defreeze the mist inside the car would threaten my very existence. When i was driving back, it was night and it was raining heavily. To add masala to the situation, there were 4 other members including a girl risking their life with me. The flashing lights of cars on the other side hitting the mist filled car screen made vision impossible. Looked like mission impossible. U know what happened next. BTW this is not a ghost which is blogging.
5. It was hot as hell when i reached CA. People told me it rarely rains here. I told my colleague that we in India believe that good people's presence brings rain. Guess what it rained!!and it rained heavily. I was afraid to take the car. The guys were their usual self in their speed. Man it is raining and u r supposed to slow down. Nobody listens or cares. Sitting lonely inside Pontiac G6, i was thinking which is better. Sitting safely inside a car alone or drenching in rain with ur lover Pyar hua iqrar hua ......The devil inside me shouted "AAAH Loser!! Loser!!" Only way to stop him is to stop this post right now!!!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home